Thursday, April 7, 2011

February - I Carusi

I came back, for a romantic Valentines Day dinner with my substitute boyfriends! I'm a bit behind in blogging about this lovers dinner but the menu at the rustic I Carusi hasn't changed in a while. No leaking roof this time, just a table dressed smartly in white linen on the footpath of Barkley St. The sun was out and romance was in the air, tables of two everywhere. I wasn't envious at all, I was on a date with two hotties with no awkward silences or hand holding.

What's more romantic than sharing a meal, stunningly simple antipasto to begin, a substantial serving of meat, vegetables, olives and crunchy herb bread. The eggplant and capsicum has been roasted so it melts in your mouth.

The pizza sizes are just enough for three people if you order two and have had antipasto to begin. Il gamberi and a salami, fresh basil and tomato were the pizza choices for the night. Thin bases, homemade sauce and the produce is so fresh it makes you cringe to think people eat pizza hut pizzas! These two choices were Delicious, however there was so much tomato going, I would order one or the other. The pizza menu is extensive so there will be no difficulty choosing another one.

To yum things up: they take bookings here now (did i just let the secret out), wine gets served in latte glasses - try the pinot grigio DELICIOUS




Antipasto for four - enough for three if your hungry!

Pizza with fresh basil, salami, and sliced tomato

Gamberi
231 Barkly St
St Kilda 3182
03 9593 6033
 I Carusi II on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment