Wednesday, March 30, 2011

side dishes - theres a new colonel in town

Colonel Tans @ Revolver Upstairs

Oh how I wished I lived around the corner from this yummy gem. I would eat here once a week for sure. Last night was my third visit to Colonel Tans and once again I can't fault a thing. The eclectic and mismatched decor adds that extra sprinkle of flavour on your meal. Not to mention the DJ playing perfectly balanced background music - on a school night! The chef is of the Cookie and Toff of the Town fame.

Entree:
Kaffir lime leaf and chicken nuggets, with the tastiest homemade dipping sauce.
Betel leaf with snapper, peanut and cucumber salad - the leaves are separate and you scoop the snapper yourself, hands on eating is my favourite.
Chicken and pumpkin dumplings with sticky soy.

Main:
Lamb rendang curry - wish I didn't have to share this one.
Green chicken curry, can't go wrong with this one. (both curry's come with a perfectly cooked side of rice)
Chicken, capsicum and ginko stir fry. The chicken was lightly fried and in a sticky sauce, best stir fry I've had in a long time. I may have licked the plate clean.


To yum things up: all that food was for four people - perfect amount - maybe one more little dish, make a booking not a lot of tables, don't be scared that its in revolver - makes it more worthwhile, they bring the bill out in the cutest way - makes you want to tip more

229 Chapel Street
Prahran, 3181
03 9521 5985

Colonel Tan's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment