Wednesday, April 13, 2011

side dishes for breakfast

Cumulus Inc - Melbourne City

I think I can call myself a breakfast aficionado, I have been going out for breakfast nearly two to three times a week since 2004. I've tried everything and anything, and I am starting to get bored. You can only have so many muffins, muesli's and eggs before things start to get stale. So it was refreshing to be stumped when the breakfast menu arrived at Cumulus Inc. No bacon and eggs on this menu. This place is hip, they don't even have Herald Sun's to read only The Age and Australian!! If you are just with two sit up on the bench overlooking the kitchen, it makes the start to the day even more memorable. I live about 30 minutes out of the City so I hardly visit (shame on me), but since visiting we have been back three times for breaky. Things are no longer stale.


Sardines on toast with red onion, roma tomatoes, fresh herbs and the crunchiest yummiest bread.


65/65 egg with smoked salmon, dill, apple and again the crunchiest yummiest bread. The egg is slowly poached in its shell then carefully removed, producing the runniest egg I have ever eaten. This was an extra bonus for me, I can't go near eggs if the yolk has gone hard. No hard yolks at Cumulus!!


What's breakfast without a made to order Madeline and another latte.

People who sleep in waste the day and miss out on beautiful breakfasts.

To yum things up: get in early - before 9am, bring your own Herald Sun if that's what your into (on weekends I am!), be prepared for a menu that is left of centre, order a Madeline and enjoy the quietness of the morning.



45 Flinders Lane
Melbourne, 3000
03) 9650 1445

Cumulus Inc. on Urbanspoon

1 comment: