Thursday, July 14, 2011

May & June 2011 - Bluecorn


Paisley's Choice

Special Guest - Brooke

What fixes a rainy Wednesday night? Answer - Margaritas, nachos and burritos!!! Can you believe that only 1 out of 5 had been to Bluecorn, and we all pretty much live around the corner. I'm not usually one for Mexican, like Indian I've had one too many bad experiences after eating it, I also don't like beans - they're like big peas!!!

Mexican/Mexico seem to be the latest trends in Melbourne. Mamasita's is to blame I believe, it could also be that flocks of friends have visited the colourful destination this year. So I was ready to dabble in a burrito and bury the past. Also why let everyone else have all the fun!!!

Bluecorn...thank you for making me forget about that bad experience at Taco Bills in March 2007. Your food is yummy, your drinks are big and the extra chilli on the table...well I wanted to drink it!

Mango Margarita - not frozen, if you want it frozen just ask.
 Mexican punch, enough for everyone or plenty for two!
 A mexican antipasto platter - homemade guacamole, olives, capsicum/chilli dip, homemade bread and a selection of dips (olive and tomato I think)
 TWICE BAKED BURRITO - its in capitals for a reason. WOW, YUM. What I found at bluecorn is although all the food looks similar it all tastes so different. This was no exception. Good cheese, and the beans in it have curved my hatred for them (just slightly).
 I can't remember what this one was??? But it was yummy, think it was the chilli beef and blackbean. I recall one of them not being as nice as the others....think this was it!  
 Peanut chicken fajitas with tomato rice - I love food that you make at the table, feels like you've helped cook it! Although it says peanut chicken, it was hard to find the peanut flavour. The tortillas were light and fluffy, would come back here again for this and a mango margarita anyday!
Fish Taco - THIS WAS HANDS DOWN MY FAVOURITE DISH OF THE NIGHT! Everything about it was super doopa delish. The fresh sweet corn made it, but the light non fishy fish held the dish together. Even though we shared everything, I tried to keep this down my end so I didn't have to share!

To yum things up: book a table this place gets busy, ask for your margaritas to be forzen (if thats what you prefer), don't fill up on entrees, if there is a group of you share everything - means you can have a try of everything.

205 Barkly St
St Kilda, 3182
(03) 9534 5996

Bluecorn on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment